The news site of Pope John Paul II High School.

The Herald on the Hill

Tips for Prom

Kodong Ajak, Writer

For most schools, prom is just around the corner. In this article, I will be giving tips for both men and women to make sure their night goes smooth. Prom is the highlight of your whole high school career and you want it to be perfect. Here, I will be giving tips to ease your stress.

Ladies: If you have not yet found the dress of your dreams, don’t worry. You still have a lot of stores that are having sales. For example, Dillard’s and Macy’s have lowered some of the prices of their prom dresses. Don’t forget to add accessories for your dress. You want to find the jewelry that compliments you and your dress on the big night.

If you’re planning on doing your own makeup, make sure to practice so you can see how you will look. If you’re not happy with the outcome, you can also have someone professional do your makeup. Stores like Ulta, Sephora, Macy’s and Kohl’s are some of the places that are doing prom makeup. Once you make your appointment, you want to call a week before prom to confirm all of the appointments you have made.

A day or two before prom make yourself a checklist to make sure you have everything planned out. Discuss with your date where you’re eating, taking pictures, and your pickup time. Ladies, if you don’t have a date, don’t worry. You’re still going to have fun with your girlfriends, just remember boys aren’t everything.

Gentleman: Prom might seem like a day full of teenage girls running around, but don’t forget you also want to look presentable. If you’re planning on asking a date, you want to be creative with your promposal. Gentleman chivalry is not dead. You still want to treat your date kindly. Making the dinner reservations and buying your date a corsage shows her that you do care about prom night.

For both girls and guys, hygiene is key. You want to make sure that you feel good about yourself and you take care of your teeth, hair, and nails. The last thing guys should think of is the compliments. You complimenting your date makes him or her feel special and that they didn’t spend all day getting ready for no reason.

Finally, for both parties, RELAX! Prom is going to be fun no matter what you wear or who you go with. You want to enjoy your night and not spend the whole night wondering if your date likes what you’re wearing. Just remember to be yourself and everything will work out.