Tips for Upcoming Exams

Kodong Ajak, Writer

Exams are just around the corner! If you’re having trouble getting yourself together,  I am going to give you a few tips on how to prepare for final exams.

Step 1: Give yourself enough time to study. You don’t want to cram the weekend before because you’ll stress yourself out and feel overwhelmed. Give yourself more time to study, especially on the subjects you struggle with. Remember exams count as a percentage of your grade. You want to feel proud and accomplished when you’re finished. Make studying a good habit.

Step 2: Organization is key. Get rid of all distractions, and make your study space as comfortable as ever. Work on finding a space that works for you, whether it’s listening to music or being in a completely silent room.

Step 3: Practice old quizzes and tests. The best way to see yourself grow is practice, practice, practice. Studies show that you learn best from your mistakes because you can fix it and relearn what you did wrong. Go over with a parent or in the mirror and try to reteach yourself the lesson. Then you can determine what you need to practice on.  Read aloud your questions and answers. Another study also shows that you are 50 percent more likely to remember something when you say it out loud, rather than reading it over and over.

Step 4: Before exams, meet with your teachers. They are there to help you take advantage of it. Go to tutorials and take good notes. Try to take away your distractions in class and set goals for yourself. See yourself in the future with that passing grade and the feeling of not having school anymore.

Step 5: Remember to RELAX! It’s not the end of the world if you don’t get the grade you want. School is over and you can relax for a couple of months. Congratulate yourself! You lasted a whole ten months in one building. Be proud that you lasted through all of the stress of homework, tests, and papers. You did all by yourself.