‘QB1’ Season 2 Review

Ethan McLaughlin, Writer

Season 2 of the show QB1 is about three of the top quarterbacks in the country going through their last season of highschool football and getting ready to play in college. This show came out in early March of 2018. The quarterbacks are Sam Hartman, Justin Fields, and Re’al Mitchell, who all end up going to college early. All of them go through ups and downs during their last high school season. These three quarterbacks are all fighting to earn their team a state championship in their final season.

Sam Hartman at Oceanside Academy in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, is trying to get his school their first football win in program history. He moved to Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, from Charlotte, North Carolina, for his senior year of football. Sam is committed to play football at the University of Wake Forest. Re’al Mitchell at St. John Bosco in Bellflower, California, has a good chance of getting his team a state championship, but he and his team are looking for a national championship as well. Mitchell faces some struggles along the way, and his senior year does not go the way he wants it to. Mitchell is committed to play at Iowa State University. Justin Fields at Harrison High School in Kennesaw, Georgia, is the number one high school quarterback in the country. He’s striving for an undefeated season at Harrison, but he faces some injuries towards the end of the season. Fields is committed to play at the University of Georgia.    

This show gives you a chance to see what it is like be one of the best quarterbacks in the nation and to see what these guys go through everyday. You get to see the fame they get for what they do and also the discouraging things they face. It is a chance to see how they battle adversity when it comes at them and the huge plays they make. When watching this, I feel like I am in the stands watching the game. It is just unreal how they do the whole show.

The edits on this show when switching from one quarterback to the next and the footage of each game the quarterbacks play in are put together really well. The lighting during the games is really cool and makes it seem like you are really there in the stands.

This is a great show, and I recommend this to everyone, especially football fans because you see where these top quarterbacks come from, their families, and see how they get to the top. The stories in this show and the stories from these athletes are just really great to hear and watch.