Fresh Faces: Yasmeen Ibrahim

Katy Beth Boyers, Editor

Yasmeen Ibrahim is a freshman who enjoying high school so far. Yasmeen wants to be a filmaker in the future and likes to do anything film related when she doesn’t have homework to do. A Model UN student, she loves World History and participating in the activities in the class. Recently, the Herald got the chance to interview Yasmeen.

Herald: Why did you choose to attend JPII?

Yasmeen: I chose to attend JPII after doing some online research on JPII’s website after attending my first lacrosse clinic with Ms. Mary Leonard.

Herald: What do you think about JPII so far?

Yasmeen:  I think JPII is awesome, and I love how JPII finds the importance of academics, spirituality, sports, and the arts in a student’s school day.

Herald: How’s the homework load so far?

Yasmeen:  The homework increases gradually. Pretty easy the first week, but you can tell the teachers are expecting more personal responsibility when it comes to homework and studying.

Herald:  Which class has been the most difficult? Which class has been the most fun?

Yasmeen: I would say Algebra has been the most difficult for me, but I think that’s because I find little enjoyment in math. I really like World History class because we are able to do an assortment of activities while learning new concepts, such as group/class discussions, presentations, simulations, lectures, essay writing, Model UN, etc.

Herald: What do you like to do when you don’t have homework?

Yasmeen: I like to do anything arts or film related and chat with friends when I don’t have homework to do.

Herald:  Do you have any House Cup predictions? Who do you think will win the House Cup this year?

Yasmeen: I believe House of Pius is going to win the House Cup this year whether it’s an underdog win or a surge of winning throughout the year. Blue house is the best house!

Herald:  What advice would you give next year’s freshman class about surviving their first year of high school?

Yasmeen:  The advice I would give to next year’s freshman class for their first year of high school would be to step out of your comfort zone and try new things. You’ll never know where your interests may lie if you don’t explore; plus, getting involved with extra curricular activities can be loads of fun while adding new details to your college resume.

Herald: What are your top 5 things people should know about you?

Yasmeen:  The top five things should know about me are (1) that I aspire to be a film maker in my near career future; (2) I enjoy Model UN very much; (3) I love authentic Japanese rice noodles (ramen), especially with green onion; (4) I like to be unexpected; and (5) I hope to graduate from JPII with several accolades.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Fresh Faces: Yasmeen Ibrahim”

1. Lexi Lang on October 8th, 2017 7:35 pm

I really agree with Yasmeen’s advice on future upcoming freshmen at JP2. The future students need to step out of their comfort zone and be grateful for what all is offered at JP2. Every student needs to be the best they can be and never be afraid to be themselves at the home we can all call JP2.

[Reply]

2. Yusef on October 14th, 2017 11:57 pm

Best interview I ha e read all year.

[Reply]

3. Sawyer Watts on October 15th, 2017 2:52 pm

I like how Yasmeen had the inspiration to be a film maker. I think that is a great goal and I like how she expresses her thoughts and feelings. The thing that I admire most about her is how she takes time and think things over like she did with deciding to come to JP2.

[Reply]

• Fresh Faces: Yasmeen Ibrahim

On the Hill

Christmas Trees: Real or Fake?

• Fresh Faces: Yasmeen Ibrahim

On the Hill

Faculty Focus: Mr. Mauthe

• Fresh Faces: Yasmeen Ibrahim

On the Hill

Fresh Faces: Ryder Smith

• Fresh Faces: Yasmeen Ibrahim

On the Hill

Faculty Focus: Director of Houses, Veronica Del Valle

• Fresh Faces: Yasmeen Ibrahim

On the Hill

But Our Flag Was Still There… Or Was It?

• Fresh Faces: Yasmeen Ibrahim

On the Hill

Buzzfeed Could Get in Trouble with College Board for Disclosing an AP Language Essay Question

• Fresh Faces: Yasmeen Ibrahim

On the Hill

A Lookback: The Director’s Take on “Good Mr. Wallace”

• Fresh Faces: Yasmeen Ibrahim

On the Hill

Tips for Prom

• Fresh Faces: Yasmeen Ibrahim

Advice

Infographic: Perks of Having a Pen Pal

• Fresh Faces: Yasmeen Ibrahim

On the Hill

Sloppy Joe Infographic