SEC Preview

Ethan McLaughlin, Writer

Like every year, the SEC has some powerhouse teams this year. They also have some teams that can’t compete with the top teams. The SEC is one of the best conferences in the NCAA and has been for a long time. Two of the top teams in the NCAA this year, Alabama and Georgia, come from the SEC.

Alabama is usually ahead of the pack when it comes to the SEC, and this year it does not look much different. They are a very talented team that has a lot of players coming back, like their quarterbacks, who are competing for a starting job. After their first game, Alabama looked really good, and it is pretty obvious that they will likely start Tua Tagovailoa as there starting quarterback.

Bringing in a good recruitment class, Georgia also has a good chance of coming out on top this year. They won the SEC Championship last year, but fell short of Alabama in the National Championship game. Georgia looks to get back up there with a more experienced quarterback. They brought in a really good freshman quarterback, but it looks like sophomore Jake Fromm will likely start again this year.

The SEC games will kick off with the first matchup of Georgia and South Carolina at 2:30 p.m., and then Kentucky and Florida at 6:30 p.m on Saturday, Sept. 1. These will kick off the conference games for the SEC and are both really good games between four really good teams. The best game in the SEC this season will be the rivalry between Alabama and Auburn in November. This has been a rivalry for a very long time, and it just gets better every year. Overall the SEC is loaded this year, and they have very good matchups. They also have at least two candidates, Georgia and Alabama, to win the National Championship.